Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Bolded items are goals I have completed.
Italicized items are goals that are currently in progress.
Items that are
crossed out are goals I have failed to or am unable to complete.
Start Date: September 11, 2011
End Date: June 8, 2014
1. Delete Facebook. – Completed September 11, 2011
2. Get another tattoo.
3. Move to another city.
4. Create an inspiration board.
5. Fall in love again. – January 2012!!
6. If (and only if) the right person comes along, take a chance and commit.
7. Have my palm read.
8. Have my tarot cards read.
9. Take a self-defense class.
10. Sunbathe on a nude beach.
11. Organize a filing system for all my paperwork. – Completed October 24, 2011
12. Become a morning person.
13. Go one week without hitting the snooze button.
14. Go one month without hitting the snooze button.
15. Reach 1,000 Air Miles. – Whoo!! Found out on October 23, 2011
Health & Fitness
16. Lose 20 lbs.
17. Hit my goal weight.
18. Complete a 30-day hot yoga challenge.
19. Exercise in the morning for one month.
20. Run a 10K in under 60 minutes.
21. Run a 1/2 marathon. – Completed November 6, 2011
22. Run a full marathon.
23. Take swimming lessons to improve strokes.
24. Hire a personal trainer and learn to properly weight train.
25. Have an ice bath (and survive). – Completed October 10, 2011
26. Look into becoming a yoga instructor.
27. Try CrossFit.
28. Try another form of yoga (other than Bikram).
29. Attend a weekend yoga retreat.
30. Do 50 consecutive push-ups.
31. Do 75 consecutive push-ups.
32. Do a handstand.
33. Complete HPV vaccine series before I turn 26. (1/3 – #1: October 12, 2011)
Food & Cooking
34. Meet with a registered dietician to sort through my food intolerances and how to proceed with a smart diet.
35. Take a gluten-free baking class.
36. Don’t eat out for a month.
37. Eat local for 30-days.
38. Give up sugar for 60-days.
39. Eat raw for one week.
40. Maintain a food journal for 90 consecutive days.
41. Drink Espresso.
42. Make gluten-free granola.
43. Make gluten-free perogies.
44. Bake gluten-free cupcakes. – Completed November 20, 2011
45. Make roasted red peppers.
46. Make a Thanksgiving dinner.
47. Make a Christmas dinner.
48. Eat or drink 10 things I’ve never tried before. (1/10 – Pumpkin Spice Latte)
49. Try 15 new restaurants. (2/15 – Cheesecake Factory in Tukwilla, WA; Tandoori Bites in B.C.)
50. Eat dessert first at a restaurant.
51. Build a cookbook of all my favourite recipes.
52. Hike the Grouse Grind.
53. Go on a weekend skiing vacation.
54. Complete an overnight hike.
55. Vacation in Mexico.
56. Vacation on the southern coast of California.
57. Spend a day exploring Seattle, WA.
58. Spend a day exploring a part of Vancouver I’ve never been to.
59. Visit Whistler, BC.
60. Visit a province I’ve never been to.
61. Visit Portland, OR.
62. Visit Montreal, QC.
63. Climb Mt. Kilimanjaro.
64. Dress-up and go out with my girls for Halloween.
65. Spend a day taking pictures around the Lower Mainland.
66. Go sailing with my dad for a day.
67. Only carry and spend cash for a month.
68. Complete a no-spend month.
69. Document all my spending for one month.
70. Make a budget and stick to it for six months.
71. Prepare my will.
72. Put $10 aside for each goal I achieve.
73. Save up all my change for 1001 days and cash it in when the challenge is finished.
For Others & the World
74. Donate blood 8 times (to become a “gallon donor”). (0/8)
75. Leave a 100% tip for someone.
76. Volunteer as medical staff at an event.
77. Volunteer as a nurse in an underdeveloped country.
78. Bring my own damn cup for a year.
79. Participate in 3 charity races. (0/3)
80. Participate in a get-your-hands-dirty volunteer work.
81. Join a political campaign.
82. Volunteer 101 hours to good cause(s). (0/101)
83. Donate $10 for every goal I don’t achieve.
84. Buy a digital SLR camera.
85. Buy 10 dressy outfits for my wardrobe. (0/10)
86. Leave 10 Operation Beautiful notes somewhere. (0/10)
87. Start a blog around healthy families and parenting.
88. Design this blog to look exactly the way I dream of.
89. Write a short fictional story.
90. Paint a canvas to put up on my walls.
91. Be able to name all of Canada’s Prime Ministers, starting from the first one to the current one.
92. Go to a shooting range in the states and learn to shoot a restricted weapon.
93. Learn to change a flat tire.
94. Learn to change my own oil in my truck.
95. Read 3 books on cancer. (0/3)
96. Read 3 books on diabetes. (0/3)
97. Take a course on diabetes.
98. Set-up a great study space ‘slash’ awesome home office for myself.
99. Maintain A’s in all university courses.
100. Complete all pre-requisites to write MCAT and apply to medical school.
101. Write MCAT.